Red Alert: Origins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Alert: Origins

official forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Inactivity

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sourc[e]x
Admin
Sourc[e]x

Inactivity Empty
PostSubject: Inactivity   Inactivity I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 3:26 pm

Hello everyone.

Just wanted to clarify why there is a absence of activity at the moment.
The lack of information and updates from me is caused by a new and fresh PC and only having a unstable 3G network connection available, which makes downloading and updating Starcraft 2 near impossible. It may take up to a month's time before I can resume development on this mod.

Sorry about this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cgsource.net
akhero47

akhero47

Inactivity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inactivity   Inactivity I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 11:46 am

No prob dude, I'll be waiting for more updates Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/akhero47
max8987

Inactivity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inactivity   Inactivity I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 3:32 am

Please, you have to make this project. This will be very popular and everyone will play it! It must happen!

What information are you missing? I am a big C&C Red Alert 1 fan and I may be able to suggest things? Also I work in the IT industry as a quality assurance agent (beta tester) full time, so I can like do some work... i can analyze Red Alert 1 and make a spreadsheet of every possible HUD feature or other things... plus that game has unencrypted database files which means i can give you a list of all graphics, soudns, etc... everything you would need to actually just port it over.. no need for new material....

Back to top Go down
max8987

Inactivity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inactivity   Inactivity I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 3:34 am

maybe i can even do some of the porting for you... like if you have screenshots already maybe you already figured out what you need to do. I have a very powerful i7 920 computer, and i can maybe do some of the graphics conversions for you?

What is limiting you right now?
Back to top Go down
Sourc[e]x
Admin
Sourc[e]x

Inactivity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inactivity   Inactivity I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 1:57 am

Seems like the latest SC2 patches broke some aspects of the map. Very demotivating stuff.
I have therefore decided to put the production of Origins on ice at least until the release of Heart of the Swarm, most likely even longer. This was originally only a test project before starting on Mass Destruction 2 anyways... so no real harm done.

Remind me not to go public and generate hype for a map/mod unless it is at least 75% done to prevent such letdowns.

Quote :
Please, you have to make this project. This will be very popular and everyone will play it! It must happen!
I sincerely doubt it. Red Alert: Origins, as it stands, will most likely get removed from b.net just a couple of hours after release because of copyrighted materials.

Thank you for the offer, but I have just about every documentation and information there is (from game manuals, to .ini files to the games themselves).
Back to top Go down
http://www.cgsource.net
max8987

Inactivity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inactivity   Inactivity I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 2:43 am

Uhh... yeah. In that case, next time you make a project, don't make a website, forum, trailer, and ads for it until it's basically done... *shakes my head*

as far as i can tell... this was just a hair brained idea that went nowhere, except gave false hope to thousands of fans of the original C&C... and if you knew about the legal issues... i just... have no words. That's the kind of thing you work out before you even create a fucking title...

jeez... what an ameteur
Back to top Go down
akhero47

akhero47

Inactivity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inactivity   Inactivity I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:52 am

Give the guy a break, for christ's sake. He's not getting paid for any of this type of stuff he does, so who are you to bitch him out? That's like a homeless person bitching out a cook at a food pantry for only having strawberry pop tarts and not blueberry.

Very douche-like.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/akhero47
KingSarkasmus

Inactivity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inactivity   Inactivity I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 10:12 am

Hi everybody,
i don't think that anybody read my post, but i must try it. I found C&C Origins by random cklicking in the internet and i must say, i was fascinated and overjoyed. Finally a fanremake of C&C RA1, i has always hoped that anyone do this, but i found no download button. I searched a while and found this thread and i was shocked! This project was surely a lot of work, how you can end it without a result.

The problems with the copyright can be certainly resolved. That's, so i think, the biggest problem or i'm wrong? And the rest can resolved, too, there are a lot of Fans of C&C RA1 anyone should can help at your work. Many fans whould pay for a game like this inclusive me and my brother. Is it possible to get any beta, alpha or something to test this game? Or can you share your work with the whole world so it can be modified, so that the game not offend against the copyright?

Please anything, the games are developed by EA and others are the biggest crap. No one can develope a great game like C&C RA1, also when the AI was very stupid. All big developers pay there attention only on graphics, not the Story or the ability to play.

You are the last hope for all C&C Gamers there played the new C&C parts and find out that these are the latest bullshit ever was. Please let your work not be without success. I will do what i can to help.

Greetings from Germany
KingSarkasmus

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Inactivity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inactivity   Inactivity I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inactivity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Red Alert: Origins :: Red Alert: Origins :: General Discussion-
Jump to: